1. Prepare the Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Simplified Chinese Standard Edition installation CD.
2. If possible scan all hard disks to check hard disk errors and repair them with ScanDisk before running the installation program. Otherwise it will be very troublesome if there are hard disk errors when the installation program is running.
3. Record the product key (installation serial number) of the installation file on paper.
4. If you have not installed the Windows 2003 system and are currently using the XP/2000 system it is recommended to use a driver backup tool (such as: Driver Wizard) to back up all the drivers under the Windows XP/2000 system to the hard disk (Such as: Five). The backup Windows XP/2000 system driver can be used under Windows 2003 system.
5. If you want to format the C drive or D drive during the installation process (it is recommended to format the partition used to install the 2003 system during the installation process) please back up the useful data on the C drive or D drive.
6. Export email accounts and address books;
Copy the 'Favorites' directory in 'CocumentsandSettingsAdministrator (or your user name)' to other disks to back up favorites; If possible export the settings of other applications.
7. System requirements----- For x86-based computers: It is recommended to use one or more processors with a main frequency of not less than 550MHz (the minimum supported frequency is 133MHz). Each computer supports up to 8 processors. It is recommended to use Intel Pentium/Celeron series AMD K6/Athlon/Duron series or compatible processors. It is recommended to use at least 128MB of RAM and support up to 32GB. For computers based on Itanium architecture: use one or more processors with a frequency of not less than 733MHz. Each computer supports up to 8 processors. The minimum RAM is 1GB and the maximum is 64GB. Hard disk free space. On x86-based computers the space is about 1.25GB to 2GB. On Itanium architecture-based computers the space is about 3GB to 4GB. If you run the installer over the network instead of CD-ROM Or perform the upgrade from a FAT or FAT32 partition (NTFS file system is recommended) then more disk space will be required.
2. Start the system with the CD:
(If you already know the method please go to the next step) restart the system and set the CD drive as the first startup disk save the settings and restart. Put the 2003 installation CD into the CD drive and restart the computer. At the beginning when it appears as shown in Figure 1 below quickly press the Enter key otherwise the 2003 system installation cannot be started.
Three install Windows Server 2003
After the CD-ROM starts if there is no accident you can see the installation interface.
Read the boot information from the CD and it will soon appear as shown below.
All Chinese prompts \u0026ldquo;To install Windows now please press ENTER\u0026rdquo; and press Enter.
License agreement there is no choice here press \u0026ldquo;F8\u0026rdquo;.
Here use the \u0026ldquo;down ??or up\u0026rdquo; arrow keys to select the partition used to install the system. I am going to use the C drive to install 2003 and I am going to The process of formatting the C drive. After selecting the partition press 'Enter' and press Enter. The installation program will check the space of the C drive and the existing operating system of the C drive.
The above figure shows that the installation program detects that there is an operating system on the C drive and sends a warning message. If you choose to install the system the partition is empty. Here I insist on using the C drive to install the system. According to the prompt
press the \u0026ldquo;C
\u0026rdquo; key on the keyboard and the following figure appears.
At the bottom of the above figure there are 5 options for operating the selected partition among which 'Save the existing file system (no change)' The option does not include formatting partition operation other operations will format the partition. Here I use 'Move Up' arrow keys to select 'Format Disk Partition with NTFS File System'.
After pressing Enter a warning to format C drive appears.