When the administrator manages the network he found the following problems:
1. Since the entire network is configured in workgroup mode when managing user accounts the administrator must set up different Employees create user accounts and often modify the account settings. Account management is very messy and the workload is very heavy. The administrator hopes to centrally manage all the computers on one computer.
2. When company employees use computers they often modify the settings of the control panel at will which makes the operation of the computer extremely unstable. The administrator hopes to be able to control the user's operation behavior and not allow users to modify the control panel.
3. The administrator wants to install 'Office 2010' on all computers in the domain. He hopes to install it automatically for all computers at one time instead of manually installing them one by one. Creating a Windows 2003 domain requires two main steps: installing a domain controller and joining the computer to the domain.
1) Install a domain controller. (To establish a domain controller you need to install Active Directory on your computer)
1. Set up the IP address. (Set the IP address subnet mask and preferred DNS address for the domain controller computer)
2. Start the Active Directory Installation Wizard. (Click \u0026ldquo;Start\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Run\u0026rdquo; enter the dcpromo command and click the \u0026ldquo;OK\u0026rdquo; button to start the Active Directory Installation Wizard.
3. Specify the type of domain controller. ( Click the \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo; button twice select \u0026ldquo;Domain Controller of the New Domain\u0026rdquo; click the \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo; button)
4. Create a new domain. (Select \u0026ldquo;in The domain in the new forest\u0026rdquo; click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo;)
5. Set the domain name. (Enter the domain name such as yye1.com click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo;)
6. Domain NetBIOS name. (Accept the default domain NetBIOS name click 'Next')
7. Specify the database and log folder. (Specify the location of the database and log folder click ' Next\u0026rdquo;)
8. Specify the location of the shared system volume. (Specify the location of the shared system volume click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo;)
9. Set the DNS registration diagnosis. (On the\u0026ldquo; DNS registration diagnosis\u0026rdquo; dialog box directly click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo;)
10. Set the password of the directory service restore mode. (In the permission dialog box click the \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo; button enter the directory The password of the service restore mode click 'Next')
11. Start installing Active Directory. (Click 'Next' to start installing Active Directory)
12 .Complete the installation. (After the installation is complete click 'Finish') 13. Restart the computer. (Click 'Restart now' to restart the computer)
14. Verify the installation.< br/> 2) Join the computer to the domain. (After installing the domain controller computer you need to join the client computer to the domain for centralized management)
1. Set the IP address of the client computer. (The preferred DNS address must be set correctly. Since the domain controller was installed as a DNS server when installing the domain controller the preferred DNS address is set here as the address where the domain controller is installed as the domain controller).
2. Enter the domain name. (Right-click on \u0026ldquo;My Computer\u0026rdquo; select \u0026ldquo;Properties\u0026rdquo; click on the \u0026ldquo;Computer Name\u0026rdquo; tab. Click \u0026ldquo;Change\u0026rdquo; enter the domain you want to join in \u0026ldquo;Belong to\u0026rdquo; Domain name click the \u0026ldquo;OK\u0026rdquo; button)
3. Enter the user name and password. (Enter the user name and password of the domain administrator click 'OK')
4. Successfully join the domain. (The system pops up the 'Welcome to yye1.com domain' dialog box click 'OK' click 'OK' again to restart the computer. Repeat the above steps to join other computers to the domain)
3) Manage domain users groups and organizational units.
(After establishing a Windows domain you can create domain user accounts for all users in Active Directory allowing them to use domain users to log in to the domain and access domain resources. At the same time administrators can centrally manage all domain users through Active Directory The following takes the establishment of the sales department organizational unit and user account in the yye1.com domain as an example of the process of creating a user account)
1. Create a new organizational unit. (Click \u0026ldquo;Start\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Programs\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Administrative Tools\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Active Directory Users and Computers\u0026rdquo;. Right-click on the domain and select \u0026ldquo;New\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Organizational Unit\u0026rdquo;)
2. Enter the name of the organization unit. (Enter the name Sales_OU of the sales department's organizational unit and click \u0026ldquo;OK\u0026rdquo;)
3. Create a new user. (Right-click \u0026ldquo;Sales_OU\u0026rdquo; select \u0026ldquo;New\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;User\u0026rdquo;)
4. Enter user information. (Enter user information such as dongjun click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo; set user password click \u0026ldquo;Next\u0026rdquo;)
5. Complete user creation. (The established user account is shown in the figure below. To set user attributes you can right-click the corresponding user and select 'Properties'. To enable the user to obtain the corresponding authority you can add the user to the built-in group or directly authorize the user)
4) Use group policies to control user behavior.
(After establishing a domain user you need to control the operation behavior of the domain user. For example the control user cannot modify the settings of the control panel. The administrator can control the user's operation behavior by setting group policies to realize the management and control of the domain)< br/>
1. Open the \u0026ldquo;Group Policy\u0026rdquo; tab. (Open Active Directory Users and Computers right-click Sales_OU select \u0026ldquo;Properties\u0026rdquo; click \u0026ldquo;Group Policy\u0026rdquo;tab in the pop-up dialog box)
2. Create a new group policy. (Click \u0026ldquo;New\u0026rdquo; to create a new group policy click \u0026ldquo;Edit\u0026rdquo; to open the group policy editor to set the group policy)
3. Set the group policy. (Expand \u0026ldquo;User Configuration\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Administrative Templates\u0026rdquo; in the Group Policy Editor click on \u0026ldquo;Control Panel\u0026rdquo; in the right window find \u0026ldquo;Prohibit access to Control Panel\u0026rdquo; item)
4. Access to the control panel is prohibited. (Double-click \u0026ldquo;Prohibit access to control panel\u0026rdquo; select \u0026ldquo;Enable\u0026rdquo; click \u0026ldquo;OK\u0026rdquo; button)
5. Verify the group policy settings. (After completing the above settings log in to the domain as the dongjun user in Sales_OU open the \u0026ldquo;start\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;settings\u0026rdquo; and find that there is no \u0026ldquo;control panel\u0026rdquo; item that is it is not allowed to modify the control panel. If you want to control other users Operation you can set other policy items in Group Policy)
5) Use Group Policy to deploy software.
(Windows2003 Group Policy can not only control the operation behavior of users but also quickly deploy application software in the network. For example the process of using Group Policy to deploy 'Office' software is as follows)
1 .Prepare the Office installation files and copy the .msi installation package files to a shared folder.
2. Establish a group policy. (Open \u0026ldquo;Active Directory Users and Computers\u0026rdquo; right-click Sales_OU establish group policy)
3. Set up group policy. (In the Group Policy Editor expand \u0026ldquo;User Configuration\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Software Settings\u0026rdquo; right-click \u0026ldquo;Software Installation\u0026rdquo; select \u0026ldquo;New\u0026rdquo;\u0026ldquo;Package\u0026rdquo;)
4. Open the installation package file. (Open the installation package file select 'Open'. Note that the file path here must be a network path)
5. Select the software deployment method. (Select \u0026ldquo;Assigned\u0026rdquo; click \u0026ldquo;OK\u0026rdquo; button)
6. Verify the group policy settings. (After completing the above settings log in to the domain as the dongjun user in Sales_OU open the 'Program' menu you can see the shortcut of the Office software the software is installed and the user can use the software.?Solutions to common failures of Windows 2003