As you all know in order to better prevent attacks from malicious users and attackers Microsoft did not install IIS6.0 by default. A member of the Windows Server 2003 family. Moreover when we initially installed IIS6.0 the service was installed in a highly secure and 'locked' mode. By default IIS6.0 only provides services for static content such as ASP ASP.NET server-side include files WebDAV publishing and FrontPage Server Extensions functions only work when they are enabled. To install and deploy ASP.net environment in windows 2003 IIS 6.0 we must first understand the new features of IIS6.0 how to install IIS6.0 under windows 2003 Server how do we install and deploy ASP with the cooperation of IIS6.0 .net environment and the relationship between them the following content will give you an answer.
一. New features of IIS6.0
IIS 6.0 includes many new features which are designed to help enterprises IT professionals and Web administrators realize their Websites (they may have thousands of websites on a single IIS6.0 server or on multiple servers) have goals for performance reliability scalability and security.
The following table summarizes the important differences between different versions of IIS.
Second install IIS 6.0 server in Windows2003 Server
1 use \u0026quot;Configure your server wizard\u0026quot; to install IIS6.0
1) From the \u0026quot;Start\u0026quot; menu click on \u0026quot;Manage your server\u0026quot;.
2) Under \u0026quot;Manage your server roles\u0026quot; click \u0026quot;Add or remove roles\u0026quot;.
3) Read the preliminary steps in the \u0026quot;Configure Your Server Wizard\u0026quot; and then click \u0026quot;Next\u0026quot;.
4) Under \u0026quot;Server Roles\u0026quot; click \u0026quot;Application Server (IIS ASP.NET)\u0026quot; and then click \u0026quot;Next\u0026quot;.
5) Read the summary information and then click \u0026quot;Next\u0026quot;.
6) Click \u0026quot;Finish\u0026quot;.
2. Use the control panel to install IIS add or remove components
1) From the \u0026quot;Start\u0026quot; menu click on \u0026quot;Control Panel\u0026quot;.
2) Double-click 'Add or Remove Programs'.
3) Click \u0026quot;Add/Remove Windows Components\u0026quot;.
4) In the \u0026quot;Components\u0026quot; list box click on \u0026quot;Application Server\u0026quot;.
5) Click \u0026quot;Details\u0026quot;.
6) Click \u0026quot;Internet Information Service Manager\u0026quot;.
7) Click \u0026quot;Details\u0026quot; to view the list of IIS optional components.
8) Select all optional components to be installed.
9) Click \u0026quot;OK\u0026quot; until you return to the \u0026quot;Windows Components Wizard\u0026quot;.
10) Click \u0026quot;Next\u0026quot; and then complete the \u0026quot;Windows Components Wizard\u0026quot;.
Three install ASP.NET in Windows 2003 Server
The Windows Server 2003 family uses ASP.NET and IIS integration to improve the developer experience. ASP.NET recognizes most ASP code and provides more features for creating enterprise-level Web applications that can work as part of the Microsoft .NET Framework. Using ASP.NET allows us to take full advantage of the features of the common language runtime such as type safety inheritance language interoperability and version control. IIS 6.0 also provides support for the latest Web standards including XML Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Internet Protocol version 6.0 (IPv6.0).
ASP.NET is a unified Web development platform that provides developers with the services needed to create enterprise-level Web applications. Although the syntax of ASP.NET is basically compatible with ASP it also provides a new programming model and infrastructure to improve application security scalability and stability. By gradually adding ASP.NET functionality to existing ASP applications we are free to increase it. ASP.NET is a compiled .NET-based environment; we can author applications in any .NET compatible language (including Microsoft Visual Basic.NET Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft JScript .NET). In addition the entire Microsoft .NET Framework can be used in any ASP.NET application. Developers can easily benefit from these technologies which include managed common language runtime environment type safety inheritance etc.
The advantages of ASP.NET are as follows:
1) Manageability: ASP. NET uses a text-based hierarchical configuration system to simplify the work of applying settings to server environments and Web applications. Because the configuration information is stored as plain text new settings can be applied without the help of local management tools. Any changes to the configuration file can be automatically detected and applied to the application.
2) Security: ASP.NET provides a default authorization and authentication scheme for Web applications. Developers can easily add delete or replace these programs according to the needs of the application.
3) Easy to deploy: By simply copying the necessary files to the server ASP.NET applications can be deployed to the server. There is no need to restart the server even when deploying or replacing running compiled code.
4) Enhanced performance: ASP.NET is compiled code running on the server. Unlike traditional Active Server Pages (ASP) ASP.NET can take advantage of early binding just-in-time (JIT) compilation native optimization and new caching services to improve performance.
5) Flexible output caching: According to the needs of the application ASP.NET can cache page data part of the page or the entire page. The cached items can depend on files or other items in the cache or they can be refreshed according to an expiration policy.
6) Internationalization: ASP.NET uses Unicode internally to represent request and response data. You can configure internationalization settings for each computer each directory and each page.
7) Mobile device support: ASP.NET supports any browser on any device. Developers use the same programming techniques used in traditional desktop browsers to handle new mobile devices.
8) Scalability and usability: ASP.NET is designed to be extensible with special proprietary features to improve the performance of clustered multi-processor environments. In addition the Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET runtimes closely monitor and manage processes so that when an exception occurs in a process a new process can be created at that location to allow the application to continue processing requests.
9) Tracking and debugging: ASP.NET provides a tracking service which can be enabled during application-level and page-level debugging. You can choose to view the information on the page or use the application-level tracking tool to view the information. When developing and applications are in production ASP.NET supports the use of .NET Framework debugging tools for local and remote debugging. When the application is in production the trace statement can stay in the production code without affecting performance.
10) Integrate with .NET Framework: Because ASP.NET is a part of .NET Framework the functionality and flexibility of the entire platform affects Web applications The programs are all available. You can also smoothly access .NET class libraries and message and data access solutions from the Web. ASP.NET is language-independent so developers can choose the language most suitable for the application. In addition the interoperability of the common language runtime also preserves existing investments based on COM development.
11) Compatibility with existing ASP applications: ASP and ASP.NET can run in parallel on the IIS Web server without conflict; there will be no existing ASP caused by the installation of ASP.NET The application may crash. ASP.NET only processes files with the .aspx file extension. Files with the .asp file extension continue to be processed by the ASP engine. However it should be noted that session state and application state are not shared between ASP and ASP.NET pages.
In the Windows Server 2003 family Windows 2000 (Professional Server and Advanced Server) and Windows Both client and server applications on XP Professional support ASP.NET.
A server running a member of the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family can be configured as an application server and ASP.NET is an option that can be enabled when configuring the application server role. To deploy an ASP.NET Web application to a product server before distributing the application you must ensure that the ASP.NET and IIS roles are enabled in the product server.?How to experience the Metro style of Windows 8 under Windows 7 (Graphic Education-Computer Knowledge Network