What is the difference between formatting FAT32 and FAT16 [Win11 Solutions]
26 2021-08-24 23:50
What is the difference between formatting FAT32 and FAT16
1.FAT32 and FAT16 are both a kind of recover data from damaged seagate external hard drive file system: FAT32 is for FAT16, and is a kind of File Allocation Table file system like FAT16, which recover data from damaged wd external hard drive can be simply understood as the difference between 32-bit and 16-bit.
2.FAT32 supports the management recover data from damaged western digital hard drive of larger disk space than FAT16:
(1) Each FAT16 partition can only support a maximum of 2GB recover data from dead external hard drive charlotte under WIN9X/DOS, which means that more than 2GB must be divided into multiple partitions. Later, due recover data from dead hard drive insite youtube.com to the emergence of WIN2000, FAT16 has been extended (also known as VFAT), and the maximum can be recover data from dead hard drive macbook pro supported Increased from 2GB to 4GB.
(2) FAT32 each partition can support a maximum of 2TB (2048GB) recover data from dead hard drive mechanical failure or more.
3.When the partition size is the same, the space occupied by each cluster under FAT32 is recover data from dead hard drive on mac smaller than that under FAT16: Partition size FAT16 cluster size FAT32 cluster size
16MB-32MB 2KB recover data from dead or damaged hard drive not supported
32MB-127MB 2KB 512bytes
128MB-255MB 4KB 512bytes
256MB-259MB 8KB 512bytes
260MB-511MB recover data from dead seagate external hard drive 8KB 4KB
512MB-1023MB 16KB 4KB
1024MB-2047MB 32KB 4KB
2048MB-8GB does not support 4KB - recover data from dead toshiba laptop hard drive ---->(Under VFAT, the cluster size of 2G-4G is 32KB)
8GB-16GB does not support 8KB
16GB-32GB does recover data from dropped external hard drive nyc not support 16KB
32KB above 32GB does not support 32KB
This "cluster" is very important to us, recover data from external hard disk after format because the files are stored on the disk in clusters, which means that no matter whether the data recover data from external hard disk not detected of a file in this cluster is "filled or not", the data of other files can't be "reserved".(Autumn air recover data from external hard drive after formatting cooling correction)
Such as: a 1KB file
Partition size FAT16 occupies space size FAT32 occupies recover data from external hard drive bad mbr less space size
512MB-1023MB 16KB 4KB 12KB
1024MB-2047MB 32KB 4KB 28KB
2048MB-4GB 32KB 4KB 28 recover data from external hard drive deleted partition KB
4GB-8GB does not support 4KB -
8GB-16GB does not support 8KB -
Simply put: FAT32 saves space recover data from external hard drive for free than FAT16.
4.Read and write speed problem: Because the total number of clusters that FAT16 can recover data from external hard drive free mac support is much less than FAT32, FAT16 is faster than FAT32 in terms of file addressing, especially recover data from external hard drive mac free in slow systems, such as low host frequency and slow disk speed (such as Use the so-called low-speed recover data from external hard drive no power stick), etc., there will be more obvious differences.
From the above, the following conclusions recover data from external hard drive not detected can be drawn:
(1) FAT32 supports larger disks than FAT16. If you are using a memory stick above 4G, recover data from external hard drive not recognized you should use FAT32.
(2) FAT32 saves space than FAT16, especially if you have a lot of files and recover data from external hard drive on mac the number of file bytes is small, FAT16 will waste a lot of space.
(3) Unless your memory stick recover data from external hard drive windows 10 is low speed (read below 6), the speed advantage of FAT16 can be completely ignored.